Sunday 5 January 2014

My Windows 8.1 Tablet - ASUS Transformer T100-TA and Why I Love It

I have had three weeks with my ASUS Transformer TA100 now and I really love it!

Why I love it
  • Versatile: I can use it like a normal laptop when it is docked onto its keyboard stand. It operates on Windows 8.1, not RT, so it has full Windows functionality. Plus, it comes preloaded with Office Home edition (Word,, Excel and Powerpoint). Or I can use it as a 10.1 inch tablet, good for reading pdf documents and for surfing net or watching video while lounging on the couch. To my surprise also, Windows 8.1 is easy to use.
  • Light weight: 1.1 kg including keyboard dock, 600g for the tablet.
  • Excellent battery life: 12 hours of use.
  • Expandable memory: it has 32GB built in memory, with a microusb slot at the tablet portion. There is 500gb memory at the keyboard portion.
  • Value for money: at S$599, I get a 2-in-1 tablet+laptop, that allows me to use as a reader esp for pdf documents, and as a laptop for work. It is lightweight, has long battery life and expandable memory.

Of course, there are some drawbacks of this device, namely the small keyboard and the tablet is a fingerprint magnet. All in all though, I think that the laptop is a great buy! I was considering an IPad Air (I already have an IPad 2 and an IPad4 in the house), and I'm really glad that I decided to get this instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment