Sunday 24 March 2013

Further impressions with the Pebble Watch in Singapore

After a few weeks of using my Pebble watch, I'm loving it. My phone is usually kept in my bag or in the back pocket of my jeans, and in silent vibration mode. Therefore, I tend to miss my calls. However, the watch allows me to know when I have calls or smses cos it vibrates on my wrist! Plus, it's so cool. My friends were literally going gaga over the watch. 


Some updates to my previous post:

My initial problems of feeling numbness on my wrist have gone away. No problems whatsoever with wearing it for extended hours now.
The battery life has also improved to about 4-5 days with bluetooth on. I guess the battery just needs some wearing in. 
One thing to note - after the watch's been recharged having gone completely flat i.e. blank screen, the time gets reset to 00:00 hours. Need to sync to the phone eg. via bluetooth in order for the time and date settings to be restored. 

I got my sms alerts as well as my phone alerts working. I lost my email alerts though... 

The photo below shows the recent update I carried out for the watch... 

Hello!

This was the new watch face that came with it. Reminds me of a retro Casio watch face lol.

Retro Casio-ish watchface

I customized my Pebble with watchfaces downloaded from the  My Pebble Faces website. Here's one of them which I really liked!


The Micky Mouse watch face (animated)

Looking forward to more applications! 

Apparently, Pebble Corp is still busy fulfilling orders from their very successful Kickstarter campaign i.e. new orders may only be processed much much later. If you can't wait and must get it now, you can get the Kickstarter editions from Amazon
Pebble E-Paper Watch for iPhone and Android


Other posts which may interest you:

No comments:

Post a Comment