Thursday 17 January 2013

Do-Not-Call registry to start by end of next year in Singapore - Hooray!

I read with interest the news, which says that the Do-Not-Call registry will be in operation in Singapore soon. This is really good news for me. I receive, on some days, 4-8 calls from unknown numbers. Initially, I tried to be nice and pick up the calls. However, as the callers can be very persistent in trying to get me to hear their sales pitch (the latest credit card, loan programme, fund transfer, insurance), I no longer pick up these calls.

Until the Do-Not-Call registry gets set up, I have found a good way to handle these calls, by making the calls unobtrusive using the following steps (please note that I am using an Iphone and hence, the steps are for Iphone users):-

1. Create a new contact called "Nuisance Caller" (or whatever name you want to give it).
2. Store numbers which you know belong to this category of callers under this contact.
3. Customize the type of alert that you would like to get. For me, I set the alert to "no alert", i.e. no ring tone, no vibration. So basically, I will not be disturbed when a "Nuisance Caller" calls my number.

That's all to it!




No comments:

Post a Comment